WOP: Vitens and FIPAG Northern Regional Office
Through its FIPAG-VEI Partnership it aims to address the lack of organizational and staff capacity
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
May 07, 2012 - May 06, 2016
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
- Corporate social responsibility
- New opportunities/challenges for employees
- Solidarity principles
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Other supporting organizations
- SNV Mozambique
- Centro de Formação Profissional de Águas e Saneamento (CFPAS)
- Universidade Politécnica
- Direcção Nacional de Águas (DNA)
- Municipality of Nampula
- Municipality of Angoche
- EU Water Facility (71%)
- VEI (15%)
- SNV (6%)
- FIPAG Northern Regional Ofiice (8%)
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
- Billing and revenue collection
- Business planning and financial management
- Customer relations
- Expanding services to low income households
- Non Revenue Water (NRW) management
- Public awareness and promotion of water services
The overall objective is to improve the capacity of FIPAG Northern Regional Office in the field of sustainable water infrastructure development operation and maintenance. Specific objectives are:
1) To develop water supply capacity (water governance and sustainable water asset management) with FIPAG Northern Regional Office and two water supply utilities in the towns of Nampula and Angoche.
2) To replicate the approach in four other towns in the northern region.
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Classroom training
- Joint planning or work
- On the job training
- Site visits