WOP: SWDE & ONEA
This WOP between L'Office National de l'Eau et de l'Assainissement (ONEA) and the Société Wallonne des Eaux (SWDE) was established in 2012 with the main objective of developing relevant operational and managerial indicators and optimizing the information flow. The indicators have been reviewed and reduced to a small number of well-defined key indicators, which led to a clearer overall strategic vision.
GENERAL WOP INFORMATION
January 01, 2012 - January 01, 2013
Was the code of conduct followed?
Did the operators sign a formal partnership agreement?
Corporate social responsibility
PARTNERS AND THEIR INPUTS
Total cost of WOP ($)
THEMES AND OBJECTIVES
Business planning and financial management
• Technical assistance and training in order to provide methods for the development of relevant performance indicators at operational and managerial level
• Establishment of dashboards
• Implementation of monitoring indicators
• Optimization of information flow
• Automation of indicator calculation
What types of activities were carried out to help develop operator capacity?
- Joint planning or work
- On the job training
- Site visits
Describe the overall results
1) Clear distinction between strategic and operational indicators
2) Strategic Indicators developed (Balanced Scorecard) and operational indicators defined in relation to the objectives of each process
3) Simplification: Indicators have been reviewed and reduced to a small number of well-defined key indicators.
4) Clearer vision of the overall strategy
Which factors had a positive influence on the success of your WOP?
- Appropriate partner selection
- Relationship of individuals
Which factors impeded the success of your WOP?
Lack of staff commitment